Wednesday 25 May 2011

Setting up a coupon binder and planning my savings!

My aim - over the course of the next few weeks - is to build up a healthy coupon binder. Everyone has their own approach to it, but I've gone for a big ring binder filled with 9 pocket binder inserts. I've split it into supermarket sections such as health & beauty, fresh foods, etc.

I'm only just beginning to look at the stores themselves to get a real feel for how often particular items go on sale. Once I work out the sales cycles I will try to post it up. I had a feel for these some years ago when money was very tight and I think that - unlike the USA - UK sales cycles are tighter. On last week's Extreme Couponing they suggested 12 week sales cycles.  In the UK it's about 3 weeks for the big brands, like Coke or Hula Hoops.

No comments:

Post a Comment